Sliding Glass Door Repair | Glass Doctor
Damaged sliding glass doors should be repaired as quickly as possible to ensure the safety of your home. Learn when you should repair your sliding glass door or when a replacement is necessary.
At Glass Doctor®, our experts are trained to repair and replace all types of glass doors, including sliding glass doors. Call us for an appointment today at 855-603-1919.
How to Repair a Sliding Glass Door
Although repairing a sliding glass door can be a DIY job, it can be both difficult and dangerous to handle large pieces of glass. If you want to ensure the quality and durability of your doors and avoid additional costs, call on certified glass professionals to make it easy for you.
Regardless if you have broken glass or rollers that are misaligned with their tracks, here’s how a professional will repair your sliding glass doors:
1. Before any repair or replacement steps are taken, protective gear will be put on to avoid injury.
2. Over time, dirt, exposure to the elements and hard use can turn sliding doors into sticking doors. To solve this issue, the track should be cleaned with soap and warm water. If the door doesn’t slide smoothly, the rollers should be examined.
3. After all debris is cleared from underneath the sliding glass doors, the trim—also known as the mull—will be pulled away from around the glass. This step is important in the extraction of the door.
4. Once the trim is removed, an expert will carefully extract the glass door from its frame, lying it gently on the floor.
5. If you need a replacement, measurements will be taken to calculate the size of the glass you need. If a repair is necessary, a specialist will clear away any broken glass and inject a resin into the glass panel.
6. Lastly, the glass doors will be installed and the trim will be pushed back into place.
At Glass Doctor, we solve any glass problems you have with our affordable, expert solutions.